The first of December Ashlyn started complaining that her eyes hurt. Then right before Christmas break her teacher emailed me and said that Ashlyn was squinting at the board. So the 1st of January I took Ashlyn in for an eye appointment and sure enough....she needed glasses! I guess her eyes were pretty bad. I felt like the worst mother ever, but REALLY she only started complaining in December. The doctor told us the glasses would take 7-10 days to get here. Ashlyn was so excited. She asked me to bring them to school to her if they came while she was gone. Of course they did! So I went to her classroom and had her come out to the hall. We talked about keeping them safe...(On your face or in your case!...the nurse taught us that. Thanks Jill!!!) and then I put them on her and told her to look down the hall. When she did she yelled, "HOLY COW!!!" She could see everything! She came home later that day telling me things that she had seen in her classroom that she never new were there before! I wish I could have seen what she was seeing. Anyways, I think she is adorable in her cute purple glasses. And I am just so grateful that my little lady can see good now~!









6 comments:
oh, she dooes look so cute! I was going to tell you that Aaron and I orderednew glasses online from a place called zenni, anyways you just put your prescription in pick out your frames and place you order. We got two pair of glasses for $24.00 and that included shipping:) Anyways just thought I would pass that along incase she ever looses or breaks them.
I agree Ashlyn looks so cute in her glasses !!!
I remember when Braydan got glasses. We were seniors in high school & he seriously did the same thing (noticing things he had never been able to see before). She looks adorable!
she looks so cute! im just waiting for one of my kids to need glasses i was blind as a bat by the third grade!! yum cookie crisp im obsessed with that right now how weird i know but i figure its less caloriees than downing a box of chips a hoy!!
Adorable Ashlyn
Has new glasses.
What do we think about that?
We think she's a cutie,
A knock-out beauty,
And you can't get any better than that!
Love from Grandpa and Grandma Leishman
Ashlyn -- you look so cute!!! Glasses are really fun.....
and it's so nice to be able to see better, isn't it?
You and I need to get together for a picture with both of us wearing our glasses :D
love ya,
Aunt Lacy
Post a Comment