Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just take 2 minutes

I bet a lot of you are like me and feel like it feels completely out of reach to do all that we should to teach our family about the gospel. Our family has mastered nightly family prayer but family scripture seems to be an off and on event at my house. (It's always easier with a challenge) Then there is morning family prayers. I have always wanted to implement this in my home. I mean really what could be better then sending your kids to school with a prayer to do well at their tests, to remind them to be Christ-like and to look for ways to serve others. I just never seemed to be able to get it down. Then about the middle of February I was looking on my bookshelf and saw the book, "When ye shall receive these things." I got this last year and "tried" to read from it every morning by myself. It has one scripture and then a little thought at the bottom. I thought PERFECT!!! This is what we need. So every morning I have been gathering my family together and we read the scripture & thought then kneel and pray together. It seriously takes 2 minutes of our time, and is worth every second of it!

3 comments:

daniharding said...

Love it. Great idea!

Charise said...

I have this book! I read it everyday too! There are so really good ones in there! What a good idea :)

Becca said...

Thanks so much for the great idea!! I have a hard time with the scripture reading too. It's sad when Macy is suggesting to us that we should read the scriptures as a family. Now I need to find this book.

Becca