Friday, February 26, 2010

Feeling grateful

I am so grateful for the wonderful people I have in my life! Yesterday marked the 5 year anniversary of my moms death. A day I dread all year, I just really don't like that day anymore. Well a few days before my sweet friend Becky A. called me and said she & my other sweet friend Becky T. had it on their calendars that the dreaded day was coming up. She said that her plan was to take a day off of work (she is a school teacher so this is no easy task) and spend the day with me by taking me to the Temple. REALLY? You would do that for me? WOW! That alone to me was huge! I felt so loved by my sweet friends. Well the Temple is closed until next week so we couldn't do that but we set a date to go when it re-opens. So of course we choose the next best thing.......FOOD!!! We had an early lunch @ Cafe Rio and then (if we weren't already stuffed) went to Krave, a new yogurt place here in town and set on the couch there and ate & talked. It was awesome! Thank you girls for being TRUE friends to me in every possible way!
The night before our sweet Relief Society President brought me over some delicious cupcakes and a sweet note to let me know that she was thinking of me. I also got a lot of sweet messages on facebook from wonderful friends and family members. I think this is the 1st time in five years that this day wasn't too hard. WHY? Because of the love of my friends and family. I am so blessed to have all these special people in my life. I just hope that I will be able to return the love & kindness that so many people have shown me!

The delicious cupcake
My friends Becky A. & Becky T. got me a beautiful card, a bag of Sixlets (love em), and a cute green (all of our favorite color) shirt.
Becky T. snuck over to my house and planted me these beautiful flowers. This is the pot that she gave me last year on this date filled with flowers. How can you not look at beautiful flowers and just feel happy!
And of course Cafe Rio, my favorite!
Thank you x 10!

3 comments:

Becca said...

It's so wonderful that we have these special people in our lives to boost us up. On the Anniversary of Eve's Birthday, I was preparing myself for a rough day when I had some friends take me to the temple and then to lunch. It was still hard, but having people surround me made a huge difference. It was such a beautiful post and I love all the pics on facebook.

Love you, Becca Cason

Misty said...

Wow Angie, I can't believe it has been 5 years since your Mom passed. I can't even imagine how hard that must have been & still is. You are truly an amazing person & we love you & are so grateful that you are family. Our thoughts & prayers are with all of you. Thank heavens for great friends & the Savior!

Unknown said...

That's awesome Angee. I am so glad that you had a nice day. I am sure your mom was watching out for you and helped in the prompting. She must want you to know she is thinking of you, loving and missing you!
This is from Marilla, but for some reason I'm signed in as Dave in case you were wondering.