Thursday, February 25, 2010

A hard day

My sisters and I looking at our mommy one last time.
5 years ago today my passed away. It was a blessing because she was SO sick and it was so awful to watch her suffer everyday but I sure do miss her! When we found out that the doctors could do no more for her I would lay next to her on her bed and say, "I love you mom, do you know that?" She would reply by saying, "Yes, and I love you, do you know that?" I felt like I couldn't say it enough because I wanted her to know how much I REALLY do love her. How do you even begin to put that into words when it will be the last time you can say it? I think she knew that I loved her and appreciated all that she did for me throughout my life but if she didn't realize that here on earth i'm sure she knows it now! I have felt reassured by the Spirit that all is well with her and that she knows that I love her with all of my heart & soul. The other morning I was watching a women's conference on BYU TV and someone made the comment that your heart needs to be broken before you can really let Him (Jesus) in. This is so true! I had a testimony before my mom passed away but nothing compared to what I had after she did. When you are with someone that is dying the veil is so thin and amazing things take place. I can never forget them, they have made an imprint on my soul.

D&C 42:45-46
45: Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die, and more especially for those that have not hope of a glorious resurrection.
46: And it shall come to pass that those that die in me shall not taste of death, for it shall be sweet unto them

I know with all of my heart and soul that I will be with my mommy again, and it will be the sweetest reunion. My hope & prayer for me and all of my friends and family that read this is that we will hug our loved one's a little tighter after reading this. Express your love to those you love. Don't wait, and do it often. We never know when it is our turn to be called home.


On Memorial Day of the year my mom passed away all of her siblings and some of her kids met at her grave with balloons. We had written notes to her and tied them to the balloons and then let them float up to her.
The back of her grave

3 comments:

Breezy said...

sigh..made me cry :(

Ang, I love you all so much! From the time I was no longer apart of your family I have ached for all of you to be in my life so badly. I have such fond memories of each of you, your mom included. What a funny woman she was!

Love ya!

MaRilla said...

Love you Ang!
Thanks for sharing your testimony. I lvove that you and Jayden are reading the Book Of Mormon together.

Truman and Carol's Mission Blog said...

That was beautiful. Thank goodness for wonderful memories.