Tuesday, May 19, 2009

An amazing week April 5-12-2009

This year our family decided to completely focus on why we celebrate Easter. Josh & I made a special phone call to the Easter bunny and asked him if he could stop by our house on Friday night from now on so we could keep our Sabbath day holy. He was very much obliged! We started with Sunday the 5th which is exactly one week before Easter. (We used our Gospel Art Kit for pictures each day) We talked about the triumphal entry and then went for a scavenger hunt around the neighborhood finding things like, a rock, a nail, a thorn, etc. I'm sad because I had intentions of taking pictures everyday and this is the only one I got! So each day we talked about what would have been happening on that day during Christ's last week on the earth. On Tuesday we had an amazing Young Women's night, talking about the same concept. I cried through the whole thing. One of the other leaders asked me if I had allergies or if I was just emotional. During the week we had our very own last super. I think this was the kids favorite. We put a blanket on the ground and lit a candle. We then ate lamb, fish, olives, homemade unleavened bread, almonds, raisins, and sparkling grape juice. This was such an amazing week! I can't believe it took me this long to finally catch on to the true meaning and put it into play in our own lives. The kids loved it so much! They didn't feel cheated in the least bit, if anything they felt so blessed and it made our family closer!

1 comments:

Amy B. said...

Seriously Angee...you are amazing!!!