Friday, May 8, 2009

Hangin out April 6, 2009

We have SPRING FEVER!!! Ever since spring break it's been hard to want to do anything besides play. The weather has been beautiful! Kaylee has gotten pretty good at rollerskating. I don't even have to help her...she just goes! When did my baby decide to grow up. I don't remember her asking my permission because if she would have asked I definitely would have said NO!


My sweet little Ashlyn has grown up & changed so much this last year! She has informed us that she is not a princess anymore and doesn't like princess things. She doesn't like pink and she doesn't walk around on her tippy toe's anymore. She likes basketball, black & white, and she wants to be a rock star when she grows up!!!
GULP!!!!

Umm......ok. I am trying to digest all of that, still. I thought stuff like that didn't happen until 5th or 6th grade. Not 2nd!!! Believe me many prayers have been said asking to help me be a good mom and to be interested in what Ashlyn is interested in. I don't like Hannah Montanna (although I did see the movie and thought it was cute), I actually don't really like any of the Disney channel shows. I feel like it makes our kids grow up to fast. About half way through the year Ashlyn would come home & say, "Mom, everyone has a Hannah Montanna shirt except me!!!! Why can't I get one??? Well, personally I don't think their very cute! SO after her announcement I was @ Target and I thought to myself, you can do it! Buy her a Hannah Montanna shirt. Well I couldn't find any. I did find a High school musical 3 nightgown, so I thought ok atleast it won't have to be worn in public! Well I sat there and looked at it and I HATED it! It was ugly! I can't pay $16.00 for something that' s not even cute!!! So. I went to the dollar store and bought her a Hannah Montanna puzzle and some High school musical mechanical pencils. Maybe it will hold her over for awhile!
Ashlyn sweetie I do have some news for you! You will ALWAYS be a princess to me!

2 comments:

Truman and Carol's Mission Blog said...

OMG! Don't let them grow up that fast while I'm gone. Thanks for updating the blog. I'm copying the pics onto my harddrive so we can enjoy them here. Loves and Hugs

MaRilla said...

I love your princesses