Last year Ashlyn really struggled in the friend department. She had a darling little friend named Macey that lived in our neighborhood but moved in the beginning of 3rd grade. It was tough for Ashlyn and she never seemed to really click with anyone else. As a parent this broke my heart and I prayed so hard over the summer that Ashlyn would meet a new, good, true friend. Well my prayers were answered. A cute little girl named Gracie moved into our neighborhood over the summer and her & Ashlyn ended up in the same 4th grade class. They became instant friends! Ashlyn is so happy which makes me so happy! I am so grateful for answered prayers!

I took Ashlyn & Gracie to the Tonaquint park and they each caught a minow. (not sure how to spell) They were so funny saying that they were going to have a wedding for the two fish and let them visit each other. Their stories kept getting bigger & bigger about what they were going to do and they were getting so excited, their faces were glowing! I had to hold back tears because my little girl had found a treasure!!! Not a fish but a true good friend and she was so happy!
Ashlyn & Gracie
1 comments:
Angee, I love this post. I love seeing Ashlyn so happy. Good friends are so important. I love the pictures... I'm so glad you're blogging more :) love you lots and lots... you are my niece, but you are also one of my very best friends ever!!
Post a Comment