Thursday, February 28, 2008

Brenda Gale King 2-28-58 to 2-25-05

Well I guess it has been 3 years since my sweet mommy has been gone from this earth. In a way it doesn't seem fair! I mean shouldn't I be having a big celebration at my house tonight for her because she would be turning 50? And shouldn't she be able to raise her sweet little kids who are still @ home? Shouldn't my kids, my brothers & sisters kids have their grandma to spoil them & hype them up with sugar before returning them to us? And shouldn't I be able to call her up just because I need to hear her voice and no matter the situation or even what she says to me I feel so much better just because I talked to my mom? I guess I could go on & on about why it doesn't feel fair to me but where would that get me? Instead I choose to think of how happy she is in Heaven and that she is healthy!!! (No more of that crappy cancer!) I also choose to remember that the night she told me she was going to die she said it with a big smile on her face, like it was ok. Another thing I like to remember is that the day of her funeral, thanks to my great sis-in-law Marilla, her Uncle Jeff or Elder Holland I should say gave me the most wonderful blessing you could ever imagine and in the blessing he told me that my mom could actually do more for her kids in Heaven than she could on this earth! So I guess if I were to look at the big picture my situation will be better by her being sent home and leaving us all here for so long without her! I miss her more than I could ever even put into words! I love you mom & there will never be a day that passes in my lifetime that I don't think of you and miss you!

7 comments:

Kristy said...

I am so sorry Ang. I think you are really strong going through life being such a great mom without both of them. You guys look so happy in your slide show. Those memories are what you have to hold on to I am sure you already know this. If you ever need anyone to talk to (so cliche but I kind of get it) Luvs

Kristi said...

That was so beautifully written. Thank you for sharing your feelings.

Kevon and Megan said...

Angee. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, I had no idea you had lost her. I never met her, but I remember all the things you told me about her. She seemed like such a good, strong person. I'm truly sorry for you loss (3 years late).

Love ya - Megan

PS - I finally have a blog. It's not much yet, but it has a few pics of the kids. www.kevonandmegan.blogspot.com

Shanna said...

Wow, way to make me cry. You are such a strong person. It sounds like you are a lot like you say your mom was.

Becky said...

Angee,
I'm just checking my e-mail and blog. That darn weather has been too nice. I loved the slide show. What a great tribute to your sweet Mom. I know how much you miss her. I'm so sorry! It seems like forever until you see her again, but it will happen. Love you tons!

The Venutis said...

That was a really neat tribute. I'm sure your mom is very proud of you right now. What amazing pictures you have to hold on to until you meet again.

Nat B. said...

I haven't checked your blog in awhile. What a tear jerker you just wrote about your sweet mom. I am sure you miss her everyday. You are such a strong person Angie. I look up to you for being able to keep going on and for being a wonderful mom, wife and friend. I didn't know Brenda very well, but I know many people in the 5th ward spoke highly of her. I am sure she is in heaven right now smiling down on you and your family.