Yup! You guessed it, mine! I just wanted to take a minute and try to reflect out loud a little bit of what is overflowing in my heart right now. I am not good with words but I hope I can give you a glimpse of how I feel about this amazing women. First of all when Josh & I were dating Carol was so loving and accepting of me right from the start. Josh & I started dating in October and that Thanksgiving he invited Jayden & I over for a day with his family. Jayden was barely 3 years old at the time. Jayden started calling Carol & Truman grandma & grandpa on that day and they truly became her grandparents from that day on. I'm not sure if the family was hooked on the idea of Josh & I because of me or Jayden! (smile)
When Kaylee was a baby Josh, Kaylee, me, Carol, & Truman took a trip to New York with one another. While playing in the city some random lady walked up to Carol and asked if I was her daughter. Carol told her I was her daughter in law. The lady was amazed at our relationship with one another (as she obviously observed from a distance). She couldn't believe that I was Carol's daughter in law and not her blood daughter. Carol has always treated me with so much love that I don't feel like that in-law word is even there. We're just family, mother and daughter. It's as plain and simple as that!!! It was a Friday morning when my sweet mommy died and Carol was @ work when she heard the news but that didn't matter. As I sat on my mom's couch in a daze I heard Carol walk through the door. I ran to her and she held her arms out to me and said, "When I heard the news I just had to come give you a hug!" and she held me as we both cried. She didn't say anything that earth shattering but to me it was EXACTLY what I needed! I will never forget that and the comfort that I felt from my other mother's arms that day! I am a stay @ home mom and I LOVE LOVE every second of it. I feel like it is the most rewarding job a mother can have, but some people don't. Carol has always made me feel like I am a great mother and that I am doing the right thing by raising her sweet little granddaughters. I also feel that Carol did an amazing job raising her children, especially my sweet Eternal Companion. He respects his mother so very much! He has told me stories of times that he messed up throughout his life and Carol always seemed to know the right things to say and the right way to act. I'm sure inside as a mother certain things made her want to scream & yell & stomp like a little child but she didn't. No matter what her children have done Carol has always been there with loving open arms to help them get through the tough time they were experiencing. Carol has been a wonderful grandma to my 3 little girls. My kids adore her as do I! Carol is my HERO!!! She is Christlike & loving in every way. She would truly give the shirt off her back to a complete stranger if she knew they needed it. I hope I can become more like her as I learn from her throughout our lives. She leaves tomorrow for SLC with Truman and they report to the MTC on Monday. We will go up next weekend to say our final goodbyes. My heart is full of joy & sadness. I will miss them more than I could ever express but I know with every fiber of my being that they are doing the right thing. They are serving our Heavenly Father for 23 months on a little faraway island and in return I know that our Heavenly Father will bless us in our home right here in St. George, Utah. I love you Carol with all of my heart soul. Thank you for loving me & family unconditionally

Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
Ang, that is so sweet! I met your ma-in-law at a stake choir last year..I had seen her before, but hadn't known who she was until then. She is sweet, and good luck to them on their mission...awesome!
Angee, I'm so sorry that I didn't see this until now. I feel bad because I should have acknowledged your very kind words before now. I cried, of course. My first tears since leaving my family behind in Utah. Thank you, thank you, thank you for loving me as much as I love you. I don't know if it was that day, or some other day, but, at some point, I thought it felt better to call you and Marilla my daughters, not my daughters-in-law, because that is how I feel about you both. I better go so I can 'slow the flow' of tears. Thanks again, I love you, Missionary Mom
Post a Comment