Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saying goodbye is HARD to do.....10-10-08

We went to dinner @ the Brickoven with Josh's parents tonight for the last time in 23 months! It has finally come. Time to say goodbye! It was SOOOOO hard! My little Ashlyn's heart was being ripped out. She was so upset & kept saying I just need one more hug. I took my kids into the car while Josh helped his parents move luggage from one car to another. Ashlyn was sobbing more than I had ever seen! She said she had never been that sad in her whole life! When Josh got into the car & we drove off I looked over @ him and silent tears were rolling down his face. We love Carol & Truman so much! It is going to be hard to not have them for all the holidays coming up! But we need to be strong because we know that what they are doing is right & so we just have to rememeber that & know that our family will be blessed because of their service! Kaylee, Jayden, Grandma Leishman

Angee & Josh (XOXOXO)

Angee with food in her mouth. GREAT!!!

Navy & Ashlyn

Navy, Ashlyn, & grandpa Leishman

Kaylee was being such a stinker. She only wanted me this night, even when grandma was trying to say goodbye. She really just didn't realize what was going on.

Carol & Julie (Josh's sister) hugging
Lot's of tears!


Ashlyn hugging grandma Leishman

Ashlyn was SOOOO sad! It was heartbreaking!


Grandpa & Ashlyn

Jayden & Grandpa
Jayden, Grandpa, Ashlyn

5 comments:

MaRilla said...

that really is sweet. It was a sweet night and great to see everyone! Hopefully we'll see you before thanksgiving. If not, we'll see you for thankgiving. Love you!

Shanna said...

That would be so hard. Justin always talks about us going on a mission when we get older. I don't know if I can do that and leave my kids and grandkids. What a great example though.

Kenzie said...

Those are some sweet posts. I can only imagine how hard that was to say good-bye. Especially since they are the closest thing you have to a mom & dad right now. My heart goes out to all your family. I am sure lots of letter writing will have to take place. I am trying not to think of the day when my boys will go:(

Nat B. said...

The picture of Ashlyn crying totally got me teary eyed. Josh really does have awesome parents. I told Carol, she gave the best lessons in young womens ever. I know your family will be blessed for their service, and if goes by pretty quick. Britt's parents only have 8 months left and it seems like they just left.

Truman and Carol's Mission Blog said...

I just got finished looking at Marilla's blog and started crying when I saw the picture of David and I hugging. Then I looked at Jayden's and yours and the tears were almost dry when I scrolled down to these pictures on your blog. I really didn't know I had any tears left in me. I miss the family so much but I haven't been this nostalgic since that night at the pizza place. We really are so busy that we don't have much time to think about all we are missing at home. But I need to do some serious catching up of my blog so I started by checking out what I missed on everyone else's. I really enjoy looking at all the pictures. Thanks.