Hello Everyone,
I thought I would write a quick update about Ashlyn. We went into the new hospital this morning @ 7:45 & she was doing ok. When they called us back she was getting more nervous by the second. We got her changed and in a bed and she was crying and very upset. After about 45 minutes they had her drink some medicine that would realx her and within 10 minutes my little lady was loopy as ever!! She was watching cartoons and would just make this funny noise (like a weird laugh) and say, "he's got two heads!" She was saying the funniest things!! I was laughing so hard at one point that I had tears in my eyes and I had to get off the bed and walk away. Anyway we were apart for about an hour and when we went back to the recovery room she was doing good. She was quite out of it and she kept trying to pull her IV out but she was doing ok, considering. We brought her home and she fell asleep eating ice cream with a spoon in her mouth, but she took a good nap. She has thrown up once, but the doctor said that is to be expected. I just hope I can keep her resting for a few days so she can get better. The doctor said that it usually takes about 2 weeks to fully recover, i'm hoping it won't take that long. Well I just wanted to give an update. I hope it makes sense after our long day. Oh in the slide show I made it's really funny because you can totally tell when she's drugged up so you'll have to take a peek!
P.S. Thank you to my ANGEL friend Becky Thomas for helping me today!! She got Jayden to school and watched Kaylee for 4 1/2 hours. She is a wonderful friend and it was just so nice that I didn't have to worry about Kaylee the whole time because I knew she was in good hands. Thank you Becky. I love you tonz!
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago
3 comments:
Oh, poor Ashlyn:( Tell her Lexi totally misses her and can't wait until she is well enough to go back to school.
I am glad she is recovering! Funny about the spoon in her mouth!
Madison has missed Ashlyn so much. She talks about her everyday and she can't wait to see her again.
Post a Comment