Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bitter Sweet: Mother's Day

For the past 3 years now mother's day has been bitter sweet for me. Bitter: I miss my mom like crazy! I wish I could call her up & tell her happy mother's day! Last night I was laying in bed & thinking about it. Then I remembered a very special blessing that I received the day of her funeral that told me that my mom could actually do more for me in heaven than she could here on this earth. I don't understand that, right now, but I know that I will someday. I truly believe that Heavenly Father will have a way of letting us make up for what we felt like we lost, or maybe we'll realize how blessed we were and that in the big picture nothing was ever lost! Sweet:
My beautiful family!
Breakfast in Bed
Homemade cards, pictures, magazines, & love letters
Foot massages





Loves from my sweet hubbies!
.....and lot's of kisses! YUM!

I really did have a wonderful day! My kids are so adorable & try so hard to make everything perfect. Josh wrote me a sweet love letter that melted my heart! I love my family & I love my mom, my mother in law, my grandma's, & all the wonderful women that are in my life! I fell so blessed to have the people in my life that I do & I just hope & pray that I can be a loving, kind, & Christlike person to them as well!

Happy mother's Day!




2 comments:

Truman and Carol's Mission Blog said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! What a fun Mother's Day for you. Mine wasn't anything like that, unfortunately. Traveling and crowded airports wasn't so much fun. And my breakfast consisted of Raisin Bran and OJ at the motel's continental breakfast.

val said...

I'm glad you had a sweet mother's day, and thanks for sharing your blessing....that is a neat perspective on ones we've lost. What a great family you have!