Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy 8th Anniversary Josh!

Josh & I were married in the Bahamas on May 13, 2000. He was actually out there working and had been there a day when he called me at work here in St George and asked me to fly down. He also had a friend there with him that had called his girlfriend and asked the same thing. So we flew down to meet the boys and that night we both got proposed to! When I said yes, Josh said how about Saturday, here on the beach?? I was quite shocked but was up for it. Anyway Josh & his friend had hired a wedding coordinator that worked at the hotel we were staying at so we had a beautiful cake & flowers. We found an LDS bishop in town and our witnesses were the hotel staff (maids, I think). The rule there is that when you get married on the beach you can't wear shoes and you have to do it before the sun sets. It was amazing!





LOVE THAT FACE!


When we got home Josh's mom made us a wedding cake to have with the family.



One year later we were sealed for time & Eternity in the
St George Temple!




Families are Forever!

8 Things I love about my sweet Josh:
1. The way I melt like butter when he pulls me in for a loving kiss and hug
2. How he provides so well for his family. He is such a hard worker.
3. How cute & loving he is with our 3 beautiful girls.
4. The way he loves our dog & is so cute with him (although there are times Josh dislikes the dog)
5. How respectful he is to his parents.
6. Josh has such good heart and is always concerned about everyone's well being.
7. How good he looks wakeboarding.......WO BABY!!!
8. I love going to a funny movie with Josh and seeing him laugh so hard he cries! I love his laugh and his darling dimples!!
I love you so much Josh and I look forward to spending the rest of our lives together......and then Eternity!

9 comments:

Emily & Madeline Armstrong said...

I love seeing all those old pics that was a great idea. Hope you had a great anniversary. Your girls darling. see you at dance. Emily

BJ and Amber said...

What a darling post. It's fun to see wedding photos. Your family is so cute. Thanks for sharing, and Happy Anniversary!

Becky said...

Wow you would think it had been months since I had been on your blog. What a busy few weeks you have had. Your girls are so beautiful. I love you all.

The Venutis said...

That is too sweet. Congratulations!

T.K. said...

Happy be-lated. I forgot you guys got married with Chris and Angie. Love the pictures so cute. Take care darlin'.

Kristi said...

I can't say that I have heard many stories like that one. I love how impulsive it was. You two seem to be going strong. I also love that you said what you love about him.

Congratulations!!

val said...

That was so romantic, and what a fun post about your hubby! I love the pics too, so fun to see what you looked like, esp. Josh's long hair! Wow!

Roberts Fam said...

Love the song on your blog..I had that playing on my wedding day! I had know idea you were married on the beach! The pics are pretty. Love the temple pics too!

Kevon and Megan said...

You and Josh are so cute. I can't believe it has been 8 years. I love all your wedding pics, I dream of being married on a beach but obviously it's too late for that. Oh-well at least someone I know got to do it. =)